Sunday, October 14, 2012

Goats and Such

Those of you who know me in real life know that I have an affinity for goats.  This is a love that has developed in adulthood since I had limited experience with goats until I had children.  I feel like a goat petting zoo is at every community function we attend...and I just absolutely love hanging out with the goats.  I'm pretty sure they like hanging out with me too.

I've actually been begging Kevin for a pet goat for a few years now.  I've even tried to speak his language by explaining how much money we would save on our lawn care service if we had a goat.  Because we would no longer have grass.  Getting a goat would be a smart financial decision.  Those are the cold hard facts, folks.

Given the relationship I have with goats it should come as no surprise to any of you that goats will come from far and wide to hang out with baby Aria.
_____________
This Saturday we went to a local fun-farm with the girls.  We hadn't been there for two years so it was fun to see Daisy experience all of the activities now that she's a big girl.

Of course she got to feed some goats!  Daddy had to help out at first but, once she got the hang of it, she fed the goats all by herself.
 We got to check out the pumpkin patch.  Aria even found a couple of pumpkins she liked.
Daisy was underwhelmed by the pumpkin patch.  She wanted to get back to playing...so we did.

We jumped.
We slid.
We harassed the farm animals.
It was a good day.

5 comments:

Claire said...

Awwww!!! Very cool!

Claire said...

I don't like goats though. Got head butted in the rear end a few times by one that some weird peopled owned as a pet. Yeah...not that good with the grass. You're thinking of sheep I think.

Hex said...

Aria looks great, I'm glad things are looking up for you guys and you all are doing typical autumn stuff. I enjoyed reading this post and the previous two. Your experiences and writing voice is fun to read. All the best!

Kimberley said...

I hope you are ok. You are not posting as often. I am from Australia. I have read your blog from the beginning (post after post over the last month). I admire your cander. You and single dad are not afraid to say how you feel. So many people sugar coat their feelings for fear of judgement by people who have never even imagined this life. I have an 18 month old disabled son. When compared to Aria (undiagnosed), he is blessed to be so medically healthy and I really do appreciate that. Of course that doesn't make it any easier. He is my first born (only born? if this is genetic there is no way of knowing. he looks so normal). I'd love to read more about Daisy and how she is going. I just read your comment from SD post and wanted to catch up on your life. I'm sorry this is a terrible mish mash comment - my first. I should have just said, you seem like you are doing a great job with your girls. My thoughts are with you all.

Ann Valencia said...

Have you seen this yet?

"Jingle Goats" ?

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/b4_EdJ-XkUA?rel=0